The February 2019 certification examination will take place at the New York Hilton, in New York City. Examination dates are Saturday February 2nd - Monday February 4th.
To be eligible to sit for the ABPsa Certification Exam an applicant must:
- be a graduate (or candidate, see pre-grad information) from an Institute that is either approved or accredited by the IPA, APsaA or ACPE
- have a current license to practice or if in a state that does not require licensure to provide additional information
- submit cases and be prepared to discuss at the examination, cases that meet the following criteria:
- patients of different genders
- patients seen at a frequency of three to five times a week
- at least one case must be terminated and the other must be at least in the middle phase of analysis
- be able and prepared to discuss a third patient
- comply with ethical standards.
In addition to the eligibility items above, for Child & Adolescent Certification, the applicant must submit a:
- case of a child in the latency phase
- case of an adolescent
- brief child report on a third child/adolescent patient (five pages)
The Handbook for Applicants , Handbook for Pre-Grad Applicants, and more information can be found on our website.