The application process for certification in adult, child and adolescent, and combined psychoanalysis consists of the following steps. Please read the instructions carefully and click on each link below to download the required documents.
- Standards, Procedures and Guidelines: Applicants are encouraged to carefully read the entire document and keep the guidelines for reference throughout the process. Members of the Certification Committee use Appendix C in their evaluation of applicants' work; it is recommended that you utilize it in your own preparations
- Clerical Procedure Requirement
- Application Form: Two copies of this form are required
- Confidentiality and Data Use Agreement: Please review the directions for complying with HIPAA privacy standards.
- Case Face Sheet: Use this as a cover sheet for each of the 17 required copies
- Application Check-off List
- Certification Research Collection
Materials and all fees (application if not yet paid and examination) must reach the ABPsa office by:
- February 1, to be considered at the June Certification Examination
- September 15, to be considered at the February Certification Examination
The Application Fee is $200.00. The application fee can be paid at anytime once you decide you would like to sit for an upcoming examination. Application fees are non-refundable.
Payments may be made by submitting a check to the American Board of Psychoanalysis at 3400 E. Bayaud Avenue, Suite 460, Denver, CO 80209 along with your application.
When you are ready to sit for the examination, you will send in your complete application packet with the Examination Fee by the deadline. The current fees for 2018 examinations are:
- Adult Examination $750
- Child & Adolescent Examination $750
- Pre-Grad I Examination $250
- Pre-Grad II Examination $750
- Continued examination fee is 2/3 of the full examination fee (example, in 2017-2018 the fee to continue in Adult would be $500)
Examinations fees can be processed by check or credit card on or after September 1st preceding the examination period.
- Payments may be made by submitting a check to the American Board of Psychoanalysis at 3400 E. Bayaud Avenue, Suite 460, Denver, CO 80209.
- To make a credit card payment, click here
Examination fees are nonrefundable.
Fees are subject to change each fiscal year. The amount due will be the current prices at the time of the application deadline.